One of my clients and workshop participants asked me how to find site traffic on his Wix website. Thank you for asking! People who are creating a website for the first time may not know about Google Analytics. So, I will walk through how to set up this tool on your Wix website. Google Analytics provides useful information to improve your website. So, It's very important to have this digital marketing tool if you don’t have it yet.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool offered by Google to help you track and report your website traffic. You can easily connect Google Analytics to your Wix website.
Why Google Analytics is important?
Google Analytics allows you to track many important metrics. You can review the statistics to find out what is working and what is not. Once you identify any issues your website may have, you can create a solution and improve site performance.
For example: Google Analytics shows you data from all channels. For example, it will let you know if visitors are arriving at your site by organic search (SEO), social media, or referrals. This information makes it easy to compare the different channels. At a glance, you will know which channel is working well and which one may need some improvements made to it. If your organic search (SEO) result is low, you may need to do some research to try to find different keywords that your target audience could be using when searching.
How do you add Google Analytics to your Wix Website?
1. Create a Google Analytics account.
2. Fill in your account name, website name, website URL, and select an industry category.
3. Click the Admin icon at the bottom left of the page.
Click to enlarge image
4. Go to the Property section and click Tracking Info. Copy your tracking code.
5. Go to your Wix account and click Tracking & Analytics.
6. Click edit. An Editor tool pops up and adds you to the Google Analytics tracking ID.
Now you are all set. Go back to your Google Analytics account and check your site traffic.
Wait! How do you exclude internal traffic from your Google Analytics?
You set up Google Analytics on your Wix website. Now you can see how many people visit your website, but you don't want your visit to be included in the traffic, right? You need to set up a filter to remove you and your staff visits from being counted among your website traffic.
1. Visit Google.com and type "what is my IP address" in the search bar and find your public IP address.
2. Go back to your Google Analytics account and click ADMN and All Filters.
3. Click the red + Add FILTER
4. Add the filter name and type.
5. Leave the Filter Type as Predefined.
6. From the dropdown lists select (Exclude) and (traffic from the IP addresses) and (that are equal to).
7. Enter your IP address in the IP address box displayed below.
8. Scroll down and click the blue save button at the bottom.
Your website can be your best salesman but you need to take the time to educate and train him. In other words, you need to keep making improvements to your website. Any questions? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com